It seems to be even faster than 10.04 and is much more stable.
A lot of hardware that has been problematic in older versions of Ubuntu has sprung back to life and the release seems generally good.
Have a look at the features HERE.
Download a copy HERE
If you have Ubuntu 10.04 installed you can directly upgrade to 10.10.
- Start System/Administration/Update Manager.
- Click the Check button to check for new updates.
- If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
- A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release.
- Click Upgrade.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Of course on the forums for a few weeks there will be posts claiming that it is full of bugs and more useless than ever etc....
Every release has some bugs when its brought out but they usually get fixed very quickly.